Throwback Thursday: Old and New Designs - Part One

Remember my old Sedgie Art logo with the paint tube?

I don't know what people think of it, but for some reason, my 'brand' doesn't seem to be getting alot of attention.  Maybe people aren't taking me seriously and think it looks too 'comical' (even though I am, by 'trade', a cartoonist, there is more to what I have to offer than just drawing funny pictures that people may or may not like).  Maybe the image looks too 'old fashioned', and needs a bit of updating.  Also, does it 'stand out'?  Sometimes, people take more notice of simple, but 'bold' graphics, or at least clean and simple graphics.  Nothing too 'fancy', as some of my folks would say.  😊

Anyway, for those of you who have forgotten, this is how the present logo looks.  I had it 'professionally' designed by Vista Print back then.

Blue colour scheme 

(goes specifically with cool-colour combinations)




Black and white look 

(goes well with most colour schemes, but especially with those decors that have an 'edgy' look to them, like a black and white look, for instance)



As well, the graphics are too 'small' when it comes to uploading (especially when it comes to being 'print friendly' with packaging, 'high quality' documents, and clothing/apparel like t-shirts). Because they are JPEG's (JPG's), they are very low resolution (pixels per inch), thus making it hard to resize without the end result being too pixellated.

In the 'good old days', my computer was very slow and so was my internet connection.  This made it difficult to upload (or download) high-resolution pictures, and the pictures themselves take long to load when I want to view them.

Why Adobe Spark?

Either way, because it's seemingly 'out of date', I am thinking of a 'new look' to my business: something that looks nice, clean and simple, but still grabs my attention.  So I tried using Adobe Spark to try and come up with something 'new'.  Though the application/software is used online, it's a cinch to use, and you can come up with some modern designs using a variety of templates.

So here's a sneak peek to some of the new stuff:

Red and white look 

In time for Christmas




Black and white

For all occasions





Comments

Popular Posts