TGIF: Back in Business (Sort of)

Thanks to the NBN, I am now back online and able to make more blog posts.  Here is what happened on Tuesday, when I got my 'new toys' to play with (my Wi-Fi modem, c/o Telstra).  Pictured below is the modem itself.



And this is what I was able to do, once connected.  At this stage, everything was done exclusively by mobile phone: blog entries, Chrome-cast (from my internet or mobile to my TV), web searches, social media and phone calls.







The 2nd part of the NBN has now been set up, but unfortunately, my landline phone is still not connected.  The technician said that the phone socket, and wall socket have to be in the same location as the computer.  This is very annoying and inconvenient for me because I am paying for a service that I am not getting.  However, I can now order stuff online, via my computer and not just from my mobile phone.  So if I wish to buy stuff, I can (in fact, I might just order a pizza very soon, just to celebrate, because I am a bit more than halfway there).

But still I need to connect this:

To this:
The computer with my old modem.

I also need a new 'Kambrook' with more electrical sockets so I can plug in more devices.  Oh, it just gets better and better (NOT)!!!

Anyhoo!!! 
c/o The Point TV with Gerald Pauschmann (See what I did here)? 😆
Enjoy these pictures in the meantime.

Cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts