Throwback Thursday: Kylie Minogue and Movember

That time of the year again: Movember - this is a time when one can raise money for men's issues by growing a 'mo' (short for moustache).

What has it got to do with Kylie Minogue?  Here's the story: I remember back in 2001 (or was it 2002), there was a TV commercial with that song, and you saw Merv Hughes (well-known cricket player) everywhere you went.  You saw him on TV and on billboards everywhere you went.

So every time I heard this song ('I can't get you out of my head), I thought of Merv Hughes.




This brings me to the 2nd part of the story: I had a work colleague who had a 'handle-bar' moustache pretty much like his and because of that, he called him Merv for that reason.  This is what he looked like (or at least look like if he was wearing eyeglasses).



At the moment (after an extensive YouTube search), I could not find the exact link to the commercial, but when I do, I will let you know.

cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts