Career options - Where to next?

As I am near completion to a My Diploma course in Graphic Design, I have to look to what is likely to suit me the most.  I think I have pretty much known where my talents lie, and now I have to look to where my attitudes lie as well.

I figured out that I am not overly 'posimistic' right now (the term 'posimistic' comes from 2008's season of Big Brother, which used to air on Channel 10 here in Australia, and I think it was the last season ever on this network - but to cut a long story short, one of the male contestants called himself that and the term pretty much caught on from there).  

No, I don't have brilliant 'social' and 'leadership' skills, and am not terribly good at convincing people to get them to do what I want them to do.

However, I am not a 'follower' either, and will not blindly 'obey' just anyone, so that probably might not make me a good employee either.  Well, certainly, I would not do well in the army.  And forget about me getting married and becoming a housewife, because I am not terribly good at coming when I am called.

Nevertheless, I am not entirely negative (well, certainly not like Monica the Piggy Punk) - I still have some pride in myself and am happy to follow proper procedure and protocol, as long as I know the reasons for doing so (and that they are good reasons too).

I am probably more of a combination of an ideas person and a 'getting things done' person.  

And because I loved my time at the UNE Armidale so much, I am considering returning there. Probably not straight away though, though I have considered doing some kind of post-graduate course.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I did a quiz yesterday and they told me that my personality type would be 'Analyser Driver' (how much that would make me a good graphic designer, I don't now). But here is what they had to say (please note that I have removed the email address so I won't be spammed):

My Future Finder - Colleen Sedgwick

Inbox
x

University of New England profiler@profilehost.com.au

AttachmentsApr 1 (1 day ago)
to measkune
Dear Colleen

Congratulations. Attached is your My Future Finder report explaining your Dominant and Backup style. It also sets out your strengths and talents together with careers and occupations that match your personality.

Your Dominant Style is: ANALYSER
Your Backup Style is: DRIVER

Remember it is important to note that people can be successful at any job they choose however some jobs utilise your natural strengths more than others and are as a result, a good fit for you.

It can also be very useful to discuss your report with your partner, friends and work colleagues. Our goal is spark thoughts, interest and conversations about the future you.

The UNE Future Students Team can also help with information about UNE courses and our unique residential college accommodation and lifestyle. You can call 1800 818 865 or visit Ask UNE at http://study.une.edu.au/

Your My Future Finder report will help you build an awesome resume!

Click this link and we will email your personalised Resume report: This contains essential information about how to write a winning resume that grabs the attention of the reader and gives you the best opportunity of getting the job you want.

Kind regards,
The team at University of New England

Comments

Popular Posts