Back in the Day - Bald Archies 2014 (2)


More Art work today

Thought of a subject for my composition - it will be one based on the theme of Kraken, a giant mythical sea monster (like an octopus) which takes down ships.  Looked it up on the 'net yesterday and did some research so I know my 'stuff'.

The monster will have Tony Abbotts face on in and Kevin Rudd will be steering the ship, and Julia Gillard is the one 'cut loose' from the ship.  Whoever is in opposition will be the sperm whale (a common predator of the giant squid).

I did a 'preliminary' sketch today - but didn't have enough room for Julia, however, or the whale.  Overall, it was meant to be a 'satirical' picture of the Coalition 'bringing down' and taking over the ALP.  Apart from that, I was pretty pleased with myself, considering I don't do too many 'satirical' cartoons.

Am thinking of buying some canvas boards to paint on.  I've done a fair few acrylic paintings in the past (though they all have been on paper, not canvas) but not too many in oils (they ask for oils, acrylics or mixed media on canvas).  I have done a few mixed media ones, though, including the one I did for my major work for the year 12 HSC (which is, unfortunately, no longer in my possession, as some silly bimbos in high school pulled bits off it while it was on display, and because it perished as well, so I actually threw it out not long after).

Anyway, I have the gym on tomorrow - so I am not sure as to whether or not I will have the time to buy any more materials or do any more new works.  I have been scheduled to come in at 6am and hope I will make it.  I am not used to coming in early, but at least will try.

cheers,
Night Owl

Comments

Popular Posts