This women needs an education in road work symbols



Understand your symbols, folks.  They are all around us and it is not hard in this day and age to work things out.  And now that I am studying graphic design, I also know the place of different symbols and how they can be easily misinterpreted.  

If anything, it looks like the chi symbol in the Greek Alphabet - I know because I have studied statistics and know it is the symbol used in the Chi-square equation (a multivariate equation of some kind).  

  • Here is what it looks like (for anyone who doesn't know). → χ
  • It also looks like the Hebrew letter, Alef (well, at least a little bit). → א
  • And I doubt the Greeks or the Hebrews will appreciate you comparing their letters to this →卐

Anyone who knows the Greek language (which I am no expert at myself) will also know this, as well as anyone who knows their statistics.  What I know about the Greek culture, art and symbology, I have learned in High School, where girls were actually taught to think critically, where there was multiculturalism (people, including the Greeks, mixed with each other), and people respected both their own (and other's) heritages.  You, my dear, are what Greeks call a 'malaka'.

So, my advice, Ms Silverman:
  1. Look up your symbols - be they survey marks for electrical works on footpaths (which, in this case, is most likely), swastikas (originally a sacred symbol) or chi-square;
  2. Find out as much as you can about these symbols before spouting off such BS;
  3. Stop being a silly bimbo!!!
Disclaimer - I was venting mostly about the stupidity of Ms Silverman's assumptions and ignorance, which in my opinion, makes her a 'bimbo'.  How intelligent she actually is, I don't know (all I know is that she is quite 'accomplished' in her craft). But what concerns me is how much she assumes about something she knows so little of, and how much commonsense she sadly lacks.

The girl is supposed to be a comedian and actress, and this is funny, but in a 'sad' way (which in my books, makes it 'not funny'; and hence wonder if I should laugh or cry).

cheers (sort of),
Colleen

Related links and/or articles:

Comments

Popular Posts