More blog entries on that blog


If you wish to see more entries in that blog, please follow the link.

So anyway, this is my 'journey' (for want of a better word - the word 'journey' seems so soppy and sentimental sometimes, so maybe I should say 'process') to becoming an artist.  The blog is usually available to anyone on Open Colleges.

So, what have I done, artistic-wise?

  • High school, pretty much studied art from years 7 to 12 (and always enjoyed art and craft at school).
  • 1990: Did drawing lessons with Julian Ashton Art Institute
  • 2000: Learned about computers and desktop publishing at Crows Nest TAFE
  • 2010-11: Freelance Cartooning and Illustrating with Open Colleges (or as it was called back then, Cengage Education);
  • 2011-12: Illustration and Drawing Made Easy - also with Open Colleges
  • 2014: Graphic Design Fundamentals/Pathways Program (equivalent to a TAFE Certificate III)
  • 2014-present: Currently Studying the Diploma of Graphic Design


I graduated from high school in 1986, in year 12.  Though I decided not to continue with my art work since finishing high school, it was pretty much a long hiatus.  The pictures below are pencil and charcoal drawings I did at Julian Ashton (which I attended in 1990, much to my father's delight).





I wasn't sure what made me decide to return to it.  One reason was that I was given a digital camera for my 40th in 2007 (which made manipulating photos so much easier). Another was when my father passed away in 2009, just prior to my going away on holidays (a very sad time for me).  Then, nearly a year later, in 2010, I decided to enter a photography competition with the Black Dog Institute (as part of my 'healing journey'). Though the image I submitted was rejected for the contest, I thought there was always another time that I would win.  Go to http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/ for more information.


Anyway, this is the picture I submitted, titled Light at the End of the Tunnel.
Then the decision to study Cartooning and Illustration in 2010.

First piece of work I did for them
Another piece I did titled 'Doot'

One of my favourite characters, Graham (also based on someone I knew a while back)
Anyway, they are the pictures I made in 1990, and 2010 (20 years' later).  I hope you liked them.

cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts