Throwback Thursday: Thanksgiving Special - My thoughts on Buffy St Marie

Buffy St Marie: I heard a few bad things about her but I did have some fond memories of her when she was on Sesame Street.

I thought it was just my imagination or it simply existed in my memory.  Now I have found the proof.  Say what you like about her but I thought Pueblo Indians were pretty cool people even back then (even before I knew what they were called back then).

I don't know whether or not the mouth bow was a real thing or not but she (Buffy) used that as part of her act when she was a guest on other people's shows.

And does anyone think Maria's hairstyle look like a Squash Blossom hairstyle?  The way a lot of Hopi women (who weren't yet married) would do their hair in days gone by?  I don't know if they still do it like that now, but in the old days, that was the way they did their hair all the time.  I don't know whether or not the women/girls in other Pueblo tribes do that with their hair - but it's pretty cool!!! 😎

Anyway, here's the playlist below (for anyone who loves Sesame Street - myself being one of these people who used to watch Sesame Street as a child and then The Muppets when I got older).

Comments

Popular Posts