Throwback Thursday: My NDN Name is....

I don't know what spurred this on, but I was watching a documentary on YouTube a few weeks ago by a guy called Peter Santinello (I think that's his name).  Anyway, he made videos where he visited some parts of the USA, including a lot of remote areas.  He even went to some of the Indian Reservations and interviewed the locals.

I particularly remember the Navajo and Hopi reservations, and in particular, the horse riding and other activities there.

Here's my artistic interpretation of it nearly 2 decades later.

The original meme (based on the movie 'Dances with Wolves' But instead of DWW, it's this): 
Funnily enough, I never saw any drunk Indians on 'The Rez' (whether it was the Navajo or the Hopi one).

Nevertheless, they (the Navajo ones we went horseriding with) kept laughing alot (so I couldn't help but wonder if they had a secret stash of something else).  They were especially laughing at how 'cold' it was.

And one of them seemed to be paying a lot of 'attention' to me.  After I finished the ride, I mentioned that I was stiff.

His response was (see below):
I didn't know whether or not I should have taken that as a compliment, or maybe he did actually get stiff and sore each and everyday.  But if someone makes that comment and there's a double entendre behind it, it can be open to 'interpretation' (or even misinterpretation).  Especially if that person is looking at you and laughing. 
So, because of that, I made this 'meme' of him:
I can't quite remember if his name was Davidson or Jamison, so my nickname for him is 'Stiffie' (because he told me he got stiff everyday).  And he wore cowboy type gear (10-gallon hat, Drizabone coat, and elastic-sided boots).  I could call him the Stiffie Cowboy (like ' Woody' out of Disney Pixar's Toy Story).  So yeah, he should be honoured that someone would name a cartoon character out of him.  😂😂😂😂

So, OK, 'Stiffie', I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day and hope you have found someone who will 'warm you up' in Winter and make you a bit less 'stiff' everyday.

P.S. Here's a picture of a traditional Aussie dunny (outhouse/toilet) - seeing you also wanted me to teach you some 'Australian slang'.

Comments

Popular Posts