Vivid 2022 - Taronga Zoo

This is the first time I had visited the Zoo since 1983 (when I was just 15, on a school excursion in Year 9).  That's nearly 40 years ago, would you believe it?  Probably for maths and science.

Saturday night (11th of June, 2022), I pay the Zoo a visit decades later - this time at night, to have a Captain Cook at some different animals - those being lit up in the dark, alongside the entrance (with images and animations of mostly animal faces) and trees and ferns also being illuminated and made to look surreal after dark.

Pictured below are the images projected onto the entrance's surface.
The above images is that of a tiger roaring.

This one is of a Coroboree frog.  I should have bought and worn a Save the Frogs t-shirt (anyone who follows Alex Jones will know what I am talking about)!

These ones are of some birds (most likely parrots).

Last but not least, this is of Yours Truly - looking like a Koala with those big grey earmuffs.  And I needed the muffs too because it was real *Brrr* weather.  ❄❄

So, that was on Saturday night.  Last night (on the Queen's birthday), I had a night in watching T.V. - mostly cartoons and sitcoms, like Family Guy.  Then I switched over and watched the Thunderbirds (a show I used to love watching when I was younger).

So, yeah, the Zoo was much more family friendly - there were lots of families with ankle biters, but at least it wasn't as bad as last week.

Cheers
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts