Saying goodbye to Facebook and Instagram

That's right, you've heard correctly.  I said a few things I regret about different people, but I am not getting what I need or want out of it.  And I get alot of what I don't want, including people (who aren't my friends) messaging me, and so-called friends also messaging me, pretending they care but don't really, because they want to sell something to me.  Or people just spamming me and trying to sleaze onto me.

I have tried restricting it to posts putting my art work on display etc.  But now I am getting requests from people to like their pages but I am unsure how much they'll like my stuff back.

So far, it's just Instagram and Facebook I have removed.  I have decided to keep Pinterest and Behance (for social networking on Adobe).  Was on TikTok and Snapchat too but they didn't last long.  TikTok takes up too much of the memory space on my phone.

As well, I am reminded too much of other people having a good time when I can't.  I don't want to be jealous or anything, but just want to enjoy some of the stuff others get to enjoy.  Facebook especially does this, and Instagram has too many 'models' and 'influencers', people who suck up to try and get freebies from you.

So yez, I am taking a break from all the hullabaloo and 'noise' that occurs on FB and IG.  So far, only my family knows.  Probably best I keep it that way.

Cheers
Night Owl

P.S. A nice kaleidoscope type pattern to remind everyone what I can still do if it's done the right way.

Comments

Popular Posts