Happy Caturday and Happy Birthday Mum


Some of you might know that my dearly beloved father, who passed away nearly 10 years' ago, bought my mother a kitten from the RSPCA shelter in Yagoona, NSW (out towards Bankstown, in Sydney's south western suburbs).  The idea was to surprise her, and I was (apart from Mum) the last person to know about it.  Maybe the others (my father, sister and brother) were worried and thought I might get excited and spoil the surprise (which I wouldn't dream of whatsoever).

I am not sure how one came up with the idea of Doot as a name for cat, but my sister was the one who thought of it.  The original name for the cat was Splat - I am not sure, but I think it was my uncle who came up with it (well at least according to my sister).  She (my sister) said that she didn't really like the name, Splat, and decided that Doot was 'cuter' for a cat's name.

So, there you have it!!!  Below are some comic strips for Doot, and single panel gags.






Anyway, here is my Mum with the cat (I think in Brighton Le Sands), and below are some pictures my brother took of the cat while my parents were living down in Tasmania.




And this is the light tunnel picture I made of Doot.


I know I put these up before but thought it would be a good idea to jog everyone's memory and keep it alive (well, at least with the family and anyone close to us at the time).

cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts