Happy Not-so-Caturday

Image c/o BBC

This image looks slightly cat-like, but not really: it is one of many that one is shown when tested using the Rorschach inkblot test (very common test used in psychoanalysis).

Interestingly enough, I have never been tested by professionally by anyone else using this (only during my first year of studying psychology).  Well, not by any fully-fledged psychologists, psychiatrists or counsellors.  In fact, alot of mental health professionals don't use it and if they do, it would depend upon what school of psychology they rely upon (usually the psycho-dynamic school).

However, as I am working on a book on Pareidolia, I have included this as part of my text.  Though not strictly related to art, it is still nevertheless worthy of comment as it shows how one's interest in particular images can be related to their creativity.

cheers,
Night Owl

Comments

Popular Posts