TGIF: Another interesting occasion

Not everyone celebrates the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras or the New Orleans Mardi Gras (I don't know if it involves LGBT+ folk but it is certainly a tradition that also comes with a parade at the same time).

Another name for the festivities on at the same time is Carnival, which occurs in parts of Europe, South America, the Caribbean and any countries with a Catholic tradition (as this occurs before Lent so they get to live it up before exercising some 'restraint').

I don't get involved in these things myself but some of my friends have and they have posted things on Facebook or written to me personally.  What sparks my interest in it, apart from having friends that may either be gay or having come from backgrounds where the festivities are commonplace, is the pageantry, colour and flamboyance that comes with any festivals or parades.

Hope you enjoy.

cheers,
Colleen

Bitmoji Image
Bitmoji Image

Bitmoji Image

PS. The picture below was taken back in 2004, when I went overseas to Venice (Italy).  It was not taken during Carnival at the time, but they had these two clown-like characters that really caught my eye, so I got someone to take a picture of my with them.


Comments

Popular Posts