Throwback Thursday - Persistence de la Memiore



That is that Salvador Dali painting (or a copy of it) I have hanging on my bedroom wall.

I had it since 1986 (think I got it either for my birthday or for Christmas); anyway, some time in the late 1980's, not long after finishing high school.

Anyway, I did a few landscapes mimicking that picture, but instead of the pocket watches they had back then, I depicted mobile phones (because nearly everyone I knew at the time had one - except for me, of course).

So, what are your thoughts on this painting or any of his other works? If you like him, what paintings are your favourites?

I have this one and the Resurrection of Jesus hanging on my walls. There are many other works of his but I only own the two aforementioned prints right now.

Cheers
Colleen ⌚⌚⌚⌚

PS. What are your thoughts on Salvador Dali?  Is he a creative genius?  Or is he a bit too 'out there' for your liking?  You can check out his work here.








Comments

Popular Posts