Throwback Thursday: Another Scary Selfie (part 2)

Video 1: The World's Scariest Feminist


The below pics make me look a bit like the 'World's Scariest Feminist' (AKA 'Big Red').




And you know who Big Red reminded me of?  My art teacher from years' 7 to 10!!!!  Especially when she was in a foul mood.  😈😡😈😡

I won't name names, but my teenage years were *my time to shine* and she took that away from me!!!

I don't know what became of my art teacher, but one thing I did know is that (like Big Red) she did butter me up and tell me how 'good' I was at art one day, and then rip me to shreds the next!!!  Hence, the main reason behind my very long 'hiatus' in my art 'career', due to not knowing what to expect from people - be they the public, family and/or friends, or (in this case) those in a position who can 'make or break' me.

Maybe she was trying to tell me something, like to expect people to be 'temperamental', to be happy one day and not so happy the next, and maybe that is the 'take home' or the 'life lesson' that I might need to learn, as an employee, as a business owner, and (especially) as an artist - and how to avoid these pitfalls in future.  So, there you go!!!

And 30+ years is a pretty long time to be 'in hiatus': part of the reason I got back into art (and cartooning) was to 'heal' and get it out of my system.

So, hopefully, I am not letting it 'define' me (as Milo Yiannopoulis would say); well, if it is, I don't intend to do so forever.  And so far, it has been a pretty cathartic experience for me.  😈😈😈😈

Okay, now I feel better!!!

Picture c/o Bit Strips

cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts