Competition: What keeps me in the Red????

Not yet Throwback Thursday, I know, but it is something I have entered into a contest for my workplace.  The contest is What keeps me 'in the red'?  In other words, what keeps me 'motivated' and positive, especially when I don't always feel that way.  The opposite to this is 'in the black', in other words, not motivated and not positive.  See more details on the Australia Post website here.

Anyway, this is what keeps me 'in the Red': As I am on night shift, I don't get much sunlight, so being able to 'catch some sun' and seeing a beautiful sunrise going home or sunset going to work (or waking up) is something that keeps me feeling wonderful.

Another 'motivating' factor is seeing the 'beauty' of nature, to and/or from work.

Ultimately, I enjoy nature to its fullest during the times when I don't have to work, especially when I am on recreation leave (holiday, or as Americans like to call it, vacation).  These are the times when I can go and visit faraway places, like mountains, the desert and country side (Australian 'outback' or American 'wild west'), or the beach (Tasmania and Western Australia here in Australia top that list as far as coastal areas go).

So, below today's entry are some examples of what's keeping me 'in the red' as far as working goes.

Today is 'judgement day' for facility judging, tomorrow is state judging

cheers,
Colleen








Comments

Popular Posts