Going out to my American friends: Happy 4th of July, 2018




Someone told me I look like Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Donald Trump's Press Secretary (I don't know), in these pictures.  Depending upon which side of the political debate you are on (as far as American politics goes) or where you are on the political spectrum, that can be a good thing or not.  I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing myself.  I loved the USA when I went there and was astounded by the hospitality I received from the American people.  The same can be said about America's next door neighbour, Canada (though they celebrate similar things, I am not sure when they celebrate their own 'National' day).

Anyway, I happen to believe in the concept of 'Give me liberty or give me death', and this may give some people good reason to be 'triggered'.  America's Bill of Rights and Constitution have been in place for a long, long time and most of its citizens aren't going to give up on it too easily.  There is too much at stake.

Like many of my fellow Australians, I was brought up to 'love' my country and be proud of it.  And I respect people who are proud of their countries too, whether they are Australian like me, New Zealander, American, Canadian, British and so forth.  I think if you don't have any pride in your country or your heritage, then what hope do you have.

cheers,
Colleen 🌎🌎🌎🎆🎆🎆

Comments

Popular Posts