All in the family: My sister

My sister has always been good at everything: science, maths, even sport.

But there is also something she is no slouch in either: the 'creative' department.

Here are some attempts at painting that she had done.  Not exactly sure when she did these but she was quite young when she did do them (as in, still in her teens).




Another two creative pursuits she had taken up are photography (which she is quite good at) and scrap-booking, the latter being a method of presenting ones photographs and combining it with paper crafts.  The picture below is one she made, using a photograph of me, and surrounding it with some decorations.  Inside one of the corners, you can see the words, 'One of a Kind'.  This was done just over 10 years' ago when I turned 40.  It is still hanging on the wall of my lounge room.

2007 (c) McCarthy: 'Cheers - One of a Kind'
Just last year, she gave me this camera for my 50th. 


Anyway, Ingi, Happy Birthday and you have yet another few strings to your bow.

If you are interested in what my sister can do, then go to the blog site, Ingi Defying Gravity.  It's even better than this blog.

cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts