Queen's Birthday Special (Part 3): ELDERS REACT TO QUEEN



Dated 9th of June, 2018

In contrast, this scenario shows 'elders' reacting to Queen.  In my opinion, they aren't really 'elders' in the 'geriatric' or 'senior citizen' sense, but more likely to be elders in the sense that they were probably from the previous 'Baby Boomer' or early 'Generation X' and thus likely to have grown up in the 1960's and '70's.  In other words, they were most likely teenagers when I was just a 'little' girl.

Unlike the children and/or adolescents in the previous experiment, these participants most probably experienced the band first hand.  They may (or may not) have seen the band live, but more than likely were around when the band first came out, and they were able to follow them throughout their careers, and get information about them when it came out.  This is what I mean by 'lived experiences' with the band.

I have never seen the band live myself, but had followed their music and career as they had released new material.

I thought Freddy Mercury was incredibly hot (well, certainly back in the 1970's I liked him more), and when I found out he was gay, I thought, 'What a pity' because it meant women couldn't 'have' him.

But opinions on homosexuality aside, he was one of the most talented and 'avant-garde' individuals of his time, and these people knew alot about him.

Also, what I didn't know was that Freddy Mercury himself was an artist who actually designed the logo for Queen.  You can find out more on http://www.queenonline.com/ (the official website).

cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts