Queen's Birthday Special (Part 2): KIDS REACT TO QUEEN



Dated Saturday, the 9th of June, 2018

I was roughly the same age when I first heard of Queen, particularly to Bohemian Rhapsody and since then, I was obsessed with them.

I first heard Bohemian Rhapsody back in 1975 or '76, not long after it was first released.  The song got me sucked in, and (because I couldn't afford the record on which it was on) I went on a 'crusade' to tape the song off the radio (or TV - whichever went first).

Any failure to get the song off radio resulted in me feeling 'bitter' and disappointed, and caused the rest of the family alot of frustration and annoyance.

The problem was only resolved when I saved up the money to buy the album, A Night at the Opera.  It was the first ever purchase I made from my own pocket money (or money that I may have received for Christmas) and it was one of the best ever purchases I made.

I used to call it the 'Mamma Mia' song (not to be confused with Abba's song, 'Mamma Mia') because of the words of 'Mamma Mia (x 3) Let Me Go'; and used to call Queen, 'Mamma Mia people' (probably because I didn't know who they were at the time).  People couldn't understand why I liked that song so much (and maybe, they may never know).

But, nevertheless, this YouTube video had shown that that '*timeless* and truly talented band had managed to capture the attention of these kids, and hopefully, their minds and hearts, who may or may not had known about them prior to partaking in these experiments.

Anyway, if you like the 'React' videos, subscribe here (I have another one showing older people reacting to Queen).

cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts