The Truth About Social Media

Sometimes we need social media to promote ourselves - I, as an artist, use it to promote my work.  

I am also a 'social being', who likes to meet up with old friends, and on occasion, I like to vent (rant) and share things that interest me.

The pitfall, however, is that it becomes addictive, and greater approval ratings can create a dopamine hit, as described by Paul.

However, I try to keep my 'phone addictions' to a minimum - I have seen some people so obsessed with their phones and tablets that they even walk around texting, oblivious to those around them.

It is a common phenomenon - so much so that I have seen notifications on pavements saying 'Look out before you step out'.  Often, there will be a picture of an eye, or even a photograph of someone with a phone and about to be hit by a car as they are crossing the road.  So, these are some of the responsibilities I face as a graphic designer.

In fact, if I sense someone is near me, I will try to excercise as much commonsense as I can, by being aware of my surroundings - these warnings come in the instruction manuals for iPods, mobile phones, and MP3 players, just like they did for the old Sony Walkman that I (still) own (since the 1990's) - showing my age here!!! 😆👵🏻😱🤓😂😎🎶

So either way, I am glad to be of service 😊

So, cheers,
Colleen ❤️

Comments

Popular Posts