EGYPT 253 HEKA,ANDJETY,BENEBDJEDET,HARSAFES,KEK Etc*Gods XIII*(by Egypta...



I know precious little about Egyptology, but it nevertheless fascinates me.  But I have just learnt alot by watching this video and the origins of 'Kek' (and its modern day counterpart, Pepe the Frog).

What I knew previously about Egypt's past had been through 'popular culture' - Iron Maiden's 'Power Slave' album is one such example.  More recently, it had been the movie, 'The Mummy' and other countless 'horror' movies and 'scary' cartoons (like 'Groovy Goulies', for instance) using mummies and other dead people, and 'deities' as characters.

And just over three decades ago, when I was in my final year in High School - I remember my very good art teacher, Ms Capsanis, basing her own art works on this ancient Egyptian mythology.  I vividly remember her making small plaster casts of Egyptian hieroglyphics and imagery, which she would later craft into jewellery and sell at the local markets.

I could go further into the imagery used by the Freemasons and the Illuminati (both of whom use pyramids and the all-seeing eye, which have also featured in some of my latest designs), but it is amazing how much a frog character has now done the rounds and how it coincides with the Egyptian prophecy of a 'frog God'.

You learn something new every day.

cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts