RE: I'll never have a job



This is probably going to be on my Rising Above the Rot blog (formerly known as Bullied no More) - and I cannot get over the attitude of this individual.  Not only is she rude and arrogant towards her mother (she even says 'f--- you' to her, which is something I would *never* dreaming of doing, neither to my Mum nor my Dad).  And she doesn't want to work in retail, where she has to deal with customers.  Call it an 'artistic temperament' or what ever, but her attitude basically stinks.

One of her more 'redeeming' qualities is as an artist and musician.  If she wants to sell her art work, she will have to learn to deal with customers (which could be potential buyers, for all she knows). The same with photography.  She will have to put herself out there - not just rant on YouTube and say, 'Support my Art' etc.

If my memory serves me, I think she calls herself the Monica Piggy Punk (or words to that effect).  

The man on the right has a YouTube channel called 'ILUV2RANTTV' (I love to rant TV) and he pretty much gave this young woman a real roasting!!!!  Yes, he said some pretty bad things too but he also offered some very constructive advice near the end of his video - 'Show us some of your pictures...' (photographs, music etc) and maybe she might actually stand a chance.

And my concern about this girl is she is still young and still has a chance, and who could have the world at her feet, if it weren't for her lack of a work ethic or her attitude towards certain jobs or towards people.  After all, the longer one waits and sits around the house doing nothing, apart from making videos of herself on YouTube and feeling sorry for herself, the harder it will be for her to get a job or even sell her art work.  And if she hasn't been to Art College (even if it is a Community College), then maybe she should apply to go and do a course or something.  Whatever she decides to do, I hope she at least sees his video and takes his advice.

Talking about courses, I have only a few more assignments to upload to Open Colleges - I have already uploaded my presentations to LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, SlideShare and (just yesterday) YouTube.  Already, people are looking at these, though no one has yet liked or commented on them to date.  Even though I can't really glean what people are thinking, I have to presume that I have no trouble attracting interest from potential clients and/or employers, and maybe even customers (surprise, surprise).

So, I had better make some more blog entries now, instead of 'faffing around' like these two.

cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts