Back in the day - Bald Archies 2014 (5)

Wednesday, 13 November 2013


More work again today

This time, I did some more overpainting and colouring in, only to find my Ockie looked *nothing* like Tony Abbot like I was hoping it would.

In contrast, its face looked more like some African refugee kid with buck teeth, big ears and close cropped hair (or a very dark Asian kid with those features).

Wasn't happy with the result to be honest, so I decided to re-work the picture and scrape back some of the paint.  The result was somewhat better, so I decided to leave the Ockie's face alone after that, and work on my sea and sky, scraping off bits of paint with my palette knife and redistributing it so it looks like a sea spray.  Was happy with my ocean and sky (clouds) and decided to call it a night.

After that, nothing much.

cheers,
Night Owl

Comments

Popular Posts