Back in the Day - Bald Archies 2014 (6)

Thursday, 14 November 2013

Happier with result

My Ockie's face looks more like Mr Abotts, I am pleased to say - it looks more *evil* (like his facial expression in the real pics), so I added some ugly sharp teeth to his face.  Turned out much better - and captured more of this true 'essence' (for all I know, he could be a very nice person, and one of my neighbours actually went to school with him and said he was okay.  But he has a very 'impish' expression in my opionion - like he's still a naughty boy).

And I then touched up on the details with Mr Rudd's face and the ship, amongst other stuff and added a few more waves and 'foam' to the sea.

Like I say, I was much more satisfied with today's result than what I was with yesterday's.  And I was pleased with myself that I allowed the paint to dry for longer as well, so it was easier to paint over things and add/touch up the more minute details.

Was going to go to the gym today, but Kathy sent me a text wanting to reschedule our training session for Monday next week.  Which was fine by me because I wanted to spend more time working on my painting (not that I mind Kathy's sessions - I just didn't feel like going out anywhere).

Anyway, I am more than half way there with my painting and fairly pleased with how it is turning out.

cheers,
Night Owl

Comments

Popular Posts