Back in the Day - Bald Archies 2014 (1)

This idea came about when I was seeing a counsellor (due to the fact I was being bullied at work), and she suggested I enter into a competition titled the Bald Archie's.  This part of my entry.


However, I found her helpful in some other ways* and she suggested that one way of handling the situation is to do a picture of someone I hate (and make sure it's not a real 'flattering' one either).  She also suggested I put in an entry for the Bald Archy Prize, which is held annually in Canberra and is some parody of the more 'conservative' Archibald Prize.

Anyway, I've looked it up, and there's still plenty of time to do some work on my composition and subject.  And it sounds like a lot of fun.  I may have missed out on the
Stanleys (Stanley Awards) as the convention was held in Coffs Harbour, but may have enough time to work on this one instead.  It will be a challenge because it has been a long time since I have done any paintings (think 1990 might have been the last one).

Also uploaded my Worm video as well and hope people like it (pictured below are two of the frames used in the video) :)

cheers,

Night Owl

*unfortunately, this 'therapist' was not terribly helpful when it came to giving advice about coping with the situation at the time it was happening (and I would have been just as well off to see my doctor, or supervisor)

Actually, these aren't, but they were octopi used as inspiration for my painting (s).

Dumbo octopus

Dumbo octopus (2)

Dumbo octopus (3)

Dumbo octopus (4)
 These are the pictures that I included in that entry.

The Snail

Worms

Comments

Popular Posts