SP5, Module 2 nearly done

I had spend much of last week working on my typography assignment, and I got IN (incomplete) as my grade.  The trainer told me I had left out bits in this assignment/presentation. So, here is what she has had to say about in so far :)

Student Name: Colleen Sedgwick


  • Student Number: EO498336
  • Trainer Name: Danielle Regent
  • Date: 5/11/2016 Unit/s of Competency: CUVGRD503A
  • Assessment Feedback / Assessment #31188/01  
  • Overall Assessment Not Yet Competent 
  • Re-submission - Y 
  • Submission Check List NYC

Presentation

The report is comprised of 3 parts as stated on assessment brief:

  • Part A – Article on Typography - (500 words) - C
  • Part B – Visual Photo Diary - (200 words) - NYC
  • Part C – e Newsletter Design - (200 words) - NYC
  • Grade: NYC (not yet Competent)

Overall Feedback:

Colleen, There are some areas of this assessment that need to be adjusted in order for me to give you a "Competent" grade. I have given you individual feedback below.

Part A - Article on Typography 

Colleen, you have made some great points. Just as a suggestion, look into the "personality" of a font 
- how does font choice set a tone or a mood in a design - understanding this will be beneficial for you.  Also, have a look at some of the classics such as "Helvetica, Frutiger or Garamond" just to name a few. You may also want to look at typographic styles such as "The International Typographic Style" this will also prove to be beneficial for you as a designer in training.

Part B - Visual Photo Diary 

For this section of the assessment, I will need to see that you have demonstrated the following: 

"For each of the following letters in the word ‘type’ (T, Y, P and E), take at least two photos of the letter that have been constructed by nature or a man-made object that does not have the intention of constructing type.

For each image, you are required to write 25 words on why and how you selected these images and how this process could inform future industry practice.

Please refer to page 5 of the assessment for additional instructions.

I will need you to re-submit this section Colleen. I will attach some images of "letters used in everyday objects" - I hope this guides you for your own photos. Currently you have taken photos in the same location, using the same item being "tiles". This part of the assessment requires you look at various locations - such as in nature, or man made objects. 

Part C - e Newsletter 

Once you have created new images for Part B - Visual Photo Diary - replace your current heading images used for "TYPE" with the new ones. Please also re-adjust your dimensions of your e Newsletter, and ensure you are following point 7, in part C - Dimensions: 600 pixels wide, 600 pixels height (minimum). You do currently have 3 pages, it is advisable to create one flowing e Newsletter, as it allows for the natural progression of "scrolling down" the page. 

My response:

Thanks to being pressed for time, I kind of rushed through this a bit (even though I thought I did a good job, given the circumstances).  I researched my Typography History thoroughly, and I am able to say I am happy with the result - so I am now 'deemed' competent in this area.  

As for the visual photo diary, I wasn't sure of the exact meanings of 'different locations'.  For all I know, it could be different locations within the one (my bathroom floor, which has tiles assembled at different angles), different locations throughout my home (tiles in different rooms, walls or floors) or in different locations inside or outside the home)

And I had no idea how many pages I had to create for my e Newsletter - again, for all I know, it could have all been in the one page or over the course of several pages (like a normal document).

I guess it will *teach* me to pay more attention.

(no) cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts