Research Visual Communication History - Part 1

As I am now back to using the old Windows XP, I've had to make a few adjustments, including using Micosoft Office instead of Adobe Creative Suite.  But seeing the focus is on typography, maybe that's not such a bad thing (though I can't play around with Office, and particularly Word, like I could with InDesign for instance).  It also means using Roxio Photosuite instead of Photoshop and Illustrator, but then again, thems the breaks.

However, I was able to get checkpoints A and B done before it all went pear shaped. Here they are:
Research Visual Communication History - Part 1; and
Research Visual Communication History - Part 2
Enjoy!!!

I was also able to get Assignment 1 done (which was an essay on a period of Visual Communication History that we had to research and write an essay of up to 1000 words).  I chose the Swiss Style.  However, because it was a long essay, I decided not to include it here.

However I did manage to accomplish the task of putting on a presentation and uploading to Slideshare, here it is: Presentation on the Swiss Style of Typography; and two versions of an ad I did for Australia Post(which is more like a Community Service Announcement more than anything - the idea is to teach people to address their mail correctly, because if they don't, then we get the blame for not sorting it properly).

Unfortunately, we are only there to sort the mail, not do anything else to it, so it is up to the customer to 'get it right' also.  But some people don't listen.  Perhaps they would take more notice if I were to make a colourful magazine ad in the style of Joseph Muller Brockman, in a similar vein to his poster 'l'Protege enfant' but instead of the bike in the foreground and the little boy in the distance, there is a BCS machine (which can't sort the letters correctly if they aren't addressed clearly, legibly and correctly) :/

Anyway, more later, I am awaiting feedback from my classmates at Open Colleges, see what they have to say.  However, I am getting plenty of page views on Slide Share so I must be doing something right :)

cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts