Copyright - Part 9

30530a – Progress Challenge 09

Keeping up-to-date on copyright issues

By Colleen Sedgwick

In Study Period 1: BSBDES403A and BSBCRT401A, you were asked to develop a professional development plan for keeping current on copyright issues, to set a timetable for checking on legislation, bookmarking relevant websites and periodically researching new developments. Armed with the knowledge gained from this learner guide, how would you change or improve this plan?
In no less than 100 words, write which resources you would monitor (including links), which government bodies to take note of and any other steps to make sure your knowledge is current.
Complete the above challenge and then click LINK 21 to upload.

Answer

The following links I would keep up to date with would include:
If I am aware of other organisations, I would add and bookmark them to my repertoire. I would also keep current via my social networking sites like Facebook and Google+, as well as through email and postage.
Other things that I have done include:
  • Putting a Copyright Notice on my work (i.e. <year of creation> (c) Colleen Sedgwick), particularly when I upload stuff onto the Internet
  • Making notes of when I upload material material
  • Making notes of when someone infringes on my material (or I have been put on notice by other people).
  • Keeping a diary of the above.



Comments

Popular Posts