Copyright notices

This is in relation to Progress Challenge 04 - Copyright notice/warning notice.  I chose to some text into the yellow triangle with the rounded corners.  2 differnt formats (one with a vertical heading in the middle, the other two with a horizontal heading at the bottom) and 2 different fonts (one being Minions Pro, the other Franklin Gothic Medium).

The first one - I was just experimenting with text and thought I would try something 'novel' (The heading, I wrote vertically because I wanted to try and make it look like an exclamation mark). However, it kind of looked cluttered and all over the place, so I scrapped it.

The second one I still used Minions Pro, though this time, I rotated the heading 90 degrees counter-clockwise and put it on the bottom of the sign and horizonatally centred it.  

The heading really stands out, and the body text (above it) is horizonatally justified, with the bottom line of each paragraph being centred; the text is also vertically centred.  The result is more 'pleasing' to the eye because it has more symmetry and balance to it.
The third one, I chose a font that stood out more easily (Franklin Gothic Medium) and used both horizontally and vertically justified text.  

The main drawback with the previous one is that the serif font was harder to read (and smaller) than the san-serif that I am using now (because it is clearer).  I also chose the san-serif one because it had a no-nonsense look to it, making my warning notice look more like I 'mean business'.

Also, the heading is closer to the body text and the overall design has a 'cleaner' and more balanced/symmetrical look.  With the previous one, the heading, though it stood out, kind of looked like it was 'on it's own' and not part of the main message.

The reason for putting the heading on the bottom (instead of the top) was because there was not enough room at the top.

Anyway, what do you (the reader) think?  Do you think, if there is a will, there's a way (as in, if you really want to put the heading at the top, you will find a way)?  Or do you think, 'Everything in it's place'?  Or do you 'break the rules' and find a way to do something differently?

cheers,
Colleen

Comments

Popular Posts