Why the stop motion films?

The stop-motion films (particularly the recent ones) are part of a project I am currently doing for my course with Open Colleges (Diploma in Graphic Design) and the subjects I am doing (for Study Period 2, Module 1).

This is one of the exercises I have to do for a Visual Diary (which is part of my assessment for this module) - other tasks I have to do are drawing (in pencil and charcoal), different drawing exercises (which are taken from the book, Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain) - these are for the first half of this assessement.  For the 2nd half, there is not only the stop-motion animations that I had to do for this class, but a task called 'Polish the Turd' (where you have to improve the look of old drawings, illustrations or photographs); at the movies (which involves making advertising posters and banners for an old favourite movie one may have loved); Buy the Book (making book-jacket designs for a series of books, like the planets, the 7 deadly sins, the continents, the 5 food groups, or fantasy/fairy tale characters); photoshop tutorials; and an idea of a TV show called 'For the Kids' (you have to invent a new TV show which you have to present to some media moguls to get shown on TV).

Anyway, it seems alot like fun, so much more than for the previous study period which I am near completion but is so *dry* and boring it's not funny.  When I complete the work for this assessment, I will upload more.

cheers,
Night Owl

Comments

Popular Posts