Photomedia - Part 7

Progress Challenge 7:

Refine your ideas through experimentation with your production blog

Your production blog offers a great medium for you to refine your ideas to develop them into solid concepts for your project. It also allows you to share them with colleagues and other photo-media artists for feedback and suggestions.

Share this iterative process in your portfolio by laying out three (3) screen grabs of blog entries you posted and shared that feature this refinement and experimentation process. If there are useful and constructive responses and comments to these posts by colleagues, quote them in the portfolio as well. Offer a brief description of the three (3) blog entries you chose (100 words).


Complete the above challenge and then click LINK 33 to upload.

Answer

I have taken a few screen shots of my 3 most recent blog entries on Photomedia.  Does this mean I will have to do a screenshot of a screenshot on this post?  Or does it mean that I have to experiment continuously with image compositing, history brushes, filters and the like?

Anyway, if I am supposed to upload my next few 'experiments' and refinements up her, then good.  If people want to leave feedback, even better.

Anyway, here's a few more images for your enjoyment.  Alot more practicing with blend modes, layers, the pen tool and now I've discovered the 'puppet warp' tool (on Photoshop, that is) and I just love it :)

Greetings from Sydney
2015 (c) Colleen Sedgwick
This shows a 'post acalyptic' Sydney - with myself and the same cuttlefish (which, ironically, was taken at Melbourne Aquarium) in the foreground, the Sydney Opera House in the midground and a giant octopus (made to look like Cthulu) in the background.  Mind you, the ocky in real life is not that big really (and it is also from Melbourne Aquarium),  And yes, I used 'puppet warp' to make the water look more 'choppy'.  

NB - Those glasses are not mine (but I took a selfie after trying them on at the optometrist's).


In a toilet near you
2015 (c) Colleen Sedgwick
No, sorry, it is not a turd - just the octopus, which happens to look like one.  Mind you, the toilet picture was taken at my work (in the ladies' toilets).  The following techniques I used included - processing of RAW photographs, cut-outs/the pen tool, filters (brush strokes and plastic wrap - to achieve the shimmery look for the water and slimy appearance for the octopus), drop shadows (for a more 3D effect), layers, and my favourite tool - puppet warp (for the toilet water)!!!  I can imagine how my colleagues would react if there really was an ocky in the toilet :)

A few day's ago, it was really doing my head in (especially trying to do cut-outs using the selection tools).  It is not easy, and you have to do it in a certain way.  But yes, I am slowly getting the hang of it.
The original octopus (taken @ Melbourne Aquarium)

Comments

Popular Posts